I have 2 satay sauce recipe, personally I prefer this recipe over the other. This recipe was given to me by my good friend Chris. I cook this using my Thermomix, which save me a lot of hard work. If you don’t have Thermomix, you can cook this on stove top just like Chris.
500g raw peanuts – lightly roasted then leave to completely cool.
Garlic 8 cloves
Lemon grass 2 stalks
Dried chili 25 pieces – soak and de-seed
Galangal 4 slices
Small chili 1-2 pieces
Salt 1 1/2 tbsp
Gula Melaka 70g
Sugar 3 tbsp
Assam 10g: soak with 8 tbsp of water, drain and should yield 7 tbsp of Assam juice
1. Weigh 250g roasted peanut into a blender and blend into powder, remove set aside
3. Grind ingredient (A) into paste
4. In a non stick saucepans, heat oil and fry the paste till fragrant (oily and dark red). Remove and set aside
5. Put water and crushed peanuts into the saucepan and bring to a boil, simmer for half an hour
6. Add the chili paste, ingredient (B) and powder peanut and a little bit of dark soy sauce for coloring only (optional), add more water if it is too thick.
7. Simmer for another 10 min, remove from heat.
1. Weigh 250g roasted peanut into TM bowl and blend into powder, (15 secs / speed 6) remove set aside
3.Place ingredients (A) into TM bowl to blend at (20 sec / speed 4)
Add 30g of oil, Scrape down the side of wall and blend once more (30 sec / speed 4)
4. Fry the paste until fragrant (7 min / V / speed 1)