Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
160 gm butter, softened at room temperature
50 gm icing sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
(B) sifted together
150 gm Top flour / plain flour / White Wing Gluten Free Plain Flour
30 gm corn flour
20 gm custard powder
1 tsp baking powder
Method – Normal Mixer:
1. Beat the butter and icing sugar in a mixer until fluffy and pale. Add in the vanilla extract.
2. Add in the flour. Beat at low speed till well mix.
3. Lightly knead into a dough. Wrap with cling wrap and refrigerate for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until it’s workable.
Method – Thermomix
1. melt the butter 30 secs 50 degree speed 2.
2.Add the icing sugar and beat, 30 sec , speed 3, scrap down the side with a scraper and continue another 1 min speed 3 or until fluffy and pale. Mix in the vanilla extract.
3. Sieve in the plain flour, corn flour, custard powder, green tea powder and baking powder. 30 secs, knead function, scrap down the side and Knead another 30 secs. Wrap with a plastic film and refrigerate for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until it’s workable.
4. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
5. Remove the dough from refrigerator. Measure 8g of dough into a ball, lightly flatten with your palm
6. Place it on the lined trays, leave room for expansion OR Roll it out then cut with cookies cutter
7. Use a lightly floured fork to gently press the dough.
8. Bake in preheated oven, for about 15 minutes, or until lightly brown on the side, do not over bake.
9. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool down.
To make Green Tea flavor:
Take 200g dough mix in with 1/2 tsp green tea powder
To make Lavender flavor:
Take 200g dough add in 1 tsp crushed Lavender flowers
Note: If the dough is too greasy to hander, just put the dough back in the fridge and chill the dough for awhile until workable
Recipe Source: http://en.christinesrecipes.com/2012/09/butter-cookies.html