5 large eggs
250g salted butter, softened at room temperature
125g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon fresh milk
Zest of 2 lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50g caster sugar (for egg white)
1. Preheat oven at 170°C
2. Separate the eggs white and egg yolk, put the egg white into a mixer bowl and the egg yolk into a small bowl
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together
4. Use a K-beater, speed 6, cream butter and 125gm sugar until pale and fluffy. Put in vanilla essence and and beat for a while. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
7. gradually add 50gm sugar and beat until stiff.
8. Use a spatulas and add 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg batter and mix till very well. (It will be very thick)
9. Fold in gently with the remaining egg whites
10. Scope 55g of batter into cupcakes mould, level the batter
11. Bake for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
11. Leave to cool completely and cut the top portion as shown and decorate with butter cream
110g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Use k beater cream butter and shortening till smooth
Add vanilla essence and icing sugar and cream till light and fluffy