5 large eggs
250g salted butter, softened at room temperature
130g caster sugar
200g self raising flour – sift
4 tablespoon orange juice
50g caster sugar (for egg white)
Zest of 1 oranges
3/4 teaspoon Pandan paste
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 tablespoon Coco powder for creating the Topo lines
Preheat oven at 170°C
Measure the butter and 130g caster sugar into a mixing bowl
Separate the eggs white and egg yolk, put the egg white into a mixer bowl and the egg yolk into a small bowl
Line a 7 inch square baking tray with baking paper
1. Use a K-beater, speed 6, cream butter and 130g sugar until pale and fluffy (about 3 min).
2. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
3. Put in Orange juice and mix well. Add the flour in 2 addition, lastly add in the orange zest and mix well.
4. Use a ballon attachment, beat egg whites in speed 6 until soft peaks,
5. gradually add 50gm sugar and beat until stiff.
6. Use a spatulas and add 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg batter and mix till very well. (It will be very thick)
7. Fold in gently with the remaining egg whites
8. Divide the batter to two portion. Mix vanilla essence to one portion and Pandan paste to the other portion
9. Spread 1/2 of the pandan batter into the pan. Level it with a spatular
10. Evenly sift a thin layer of coco powder over
11. Very very gently dollop half of the vanilla batter into the pan and level it.
12. Evenly sift a thin layer of coco powder over
13. Very very gently dollop the remaining pandan batter into the pan and level it
14. Evenly sift a thin layer of coco powder over
15. Very very gently dollop the remaining vanilla batter into the pan and level it
16. Bake for 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
17. Leave to cool completely before cutting and serve.