Chicken, cut into bite size
1/2 Chinese cooking wine
1/2 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon dark soy sauce
5 slices of old ginger
5!slices of Yong ginger
Chopped spring onion to garnish
1. Heat sesame oil in a wok. When smoke rises, add in the old ginger and reduce the heat slightly and fry till golden brown, discard the ginger.
2. Turn up the heat again till smoke rises, add the chicken and sear the chicken till brown on all sides, add the Yong ginger slices and soya sauce, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 mim.
3. Turn up the heat again when sauce is bubbling, add the cooking wine slowly by pouring t the sides of the wok (this is to retain the fragrance of the wine) ,
4. When boil, reduce the heat and simmer till chicken is cooked and sauce is reduced, stir in the dark soy sauce till well mix.
5. Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve hot with rice.