This cookie is very crunchy and yummy. I make it into 3 slightly different variation, one is just as it is, the other I coat it with more nestum cereal and the other I add in some chocolate chip. My favorite is the one that coated with extra nestum, is extra crunchy!! You can’t just stop at one! Thanks Irynn for this recipe!
250g salted butter
2 egg yolk
200g plain flour
82g corn flour
132g Nestum Cereal
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking tray with baking paper
2. Put the butter and sugar in a electric mixer, using k-beater, speed 0-6, cream until pale, light and fluffy
3. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat till well mix
4. Sift in the plain flour and corn flour, use a spatular and mix till just incorporate
5. Fold in the nestum and mix well
6. Scale dough into small balls of 15g each and place on baking tray. Gently flatten the dough with a fork (coat with additional nestum if desire)
8. Bake for 16 min until edges are just beginning to brown (do not over bake, it will be dry and hard) when the cookies are done, they should still seem a little soft but they will firm up when cool.