This is the first time I’m making this snack for Chinese New Year. You can make it into rolls or if you don’t mind the extra work, you can make then into twist, or you can just roll it up and fry it without seaweed, when it is cool down completely, just sprinkle some icing sugar and enjoy, this is a recipe which I will call “one stone kill three bird”, super easy and yummy!
Ingredients for the batter: (mix well)
30g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
10 pieces frozen spring roll skin
5 pieces nori sheet, cut into half
Method for the roll::
1. Place a piece of spring roll skin on table and spread a thin layer of batter onto the spring roll skin (if the batter is too thick to spread, add some water in it)
2. Put the nori sheet on top
3. Roll up neatly and thinly
4. Repeat till all the spring skin is finished
5. Use a pair of scissors to cut then diagonally into small bit size (about 10 pieces each roll)
6. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown
7. Dish up and drain well on a piece of kitchen paper towel
8. Leave to cool completely before storing
Note: for Wasabi flavored: add 1 teaspoon wasabi sauce or powder into the batter.