Decided to give this recipe a try as I still have some Bak Kwa sitting in my fridge, love the colour combination too!
250g Salted butter, soften
70g Icing sugar
1 Whole egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
400g Plain flour
130g Bak kwa, mini diced
1. In a electric mixer using K beater, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat till well incorporated.
3. Add in flour and beat till well incorporated
4. Add in bak kwa, and mix thoroughly
5. Put the dough in a plastic bag, roll it out evenly.
6. Refrigerate it for at least 30mins until firm.
7. Weigh 15g dough and shape it round
8. Placed it on a baking tray, spacing out evenly.
9. Bake at 180C for 15 mins, or until it turned slightly brown.
Recipe from passionbaker.blogspot.com.au