Some Chocolate bunny and chocolate Easter eggs
Ingredients for the Orange cupcake:
5 large eggs
250g salted butter, softened at room temperature
125g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon orange juice
2 tablespoon fresh milk
Zest of 1 orange
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50g caster sugar (for egg white)
1. Preheat oven at 170°C
2. Separate the eggs white and egg yolk, put the egg white into a mixer bowl and the egg yolk into a small bowl
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together
4. Use a K-beater, speed 6, cream butter and 125gm sugar until pale and fluffy. Put in vanilla essence and and beat for a while. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
5. Put in lemon juice and mix well. Add the flour in 2 addition, lastly add in the Orange zest and mix well.
6. Use a ballon attachment, beat egg whites in speed 6 until soft peaks
7. gradually add 50gm sugar and beat until stiff.
8. Use a spatulas and add 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg batter and mix till very well. (It will be very thick)
9. Fold in gently with the remaining egg whites
10. Scope 45 of batter into cupcakes mould, level the batter
11. Bake for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
11. Leave to cool completely and cut the top portion as shown and decorate with butter cream
Butter Cream for the grass:
110g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Green gel food coloring
Use k beater cream butter and shortening till smooth
Add vanilla essence, icing sugar and green gel color and cream till light and fluffy, put into the pipping bag