Open up the fridge and I got no idea what to cook, but when I saw the tub of Korean Hot Pepper Paste, I suddenly feel like eating it with rice in this raining day, but I don’t have all the other ingredients to cook Bibimbap, all I have is a packet of pork slice and eggs, so here it is – a quick, simple and delicious meal.
500g pork slice
1 small onion, sliced
4-5 spring onions, sliced on angle
1 carrot, grated
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp sugar
Cooked Steamed rice
Korean Hot Pepper Paste
1. First make the marinade. Place the garlic, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil into a bowl. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the meat, onions and carrot and mix thoroughly.
2. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight if time allows.
3. Heat oil in wok and pan fry the eggs to your liking, dish up and set side
4. Heat oil in wok and fry the pork till cooked.
5. Scoop the rice into a deep bowl, put the pork on top the rice follow by the eggs
6. Add a teaspoon of Korean Hot pepper paste