I must admit, im not a fan of western food, thus one day when my son comes back from school and ask me to make potatoes spud for him as he learn how to make them in school, I’m like, what on earth is that? So the next day, he went back to school and ask the teacher for a copy of the recipe for me so I can make it at home. Over the years, I have make them using different ingredients and it never go wrong, though is a little bit time consuming, but the beauty is, you can make it in advance and pop them in the fridge, bake it just before serving, great for school lunch! And what more, you can throw in anything you like – bacon, ham, mix vegetables, cooked minced meat, chicken, prawns etc.
4 large baking potatoes
180g cann Tuna, drain well
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of black peppers
cheddar cheese grated
1-2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Heat oven to 220°C. Rub a little oil over each potato and put on the top shelf of the oven. Bake for 20 mins, then turn down the oven to 190°C and bake for 45 mins-1 hr until the skin is crisp and the flesh soft.
Buffalo Air Fryer method:
1. Rub a little oil over each potato and put on the high rack.
2. Set to Bake / 220°C / 20 mins
4. Remove and cut the potatoes into half
5. using a spoon and scope out the flesh into a deep dish while it is still warm, add in the butter and mix well
6. Add in the tuna and spring onion and mix well
7. Scope the potatoes mixture back to the potatoes skin,
8. top with cheese and bake till cheese melted and golden brown.