1 chicken breast
1 packet of Ipoh Hor Fun
Chye sim 菜心
4 dried Chinese mushrooms soaked in warm water until soft and slice thinly.
2 cups of chicken stock
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp tapioca or corn starch
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1. season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and boil it.
2. When it’s cooked through, shred the chicken breast, keep the chicken stock aside
3. Make the sauce by combining the all the ingredients together, bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce thickens.
4. Next, blanch the vegetables in salted boiling water for about 1 min. to maintain crunchiness and put them aside. Use the same pot of water to cook the hor fun for about a minute. Drain the hor fun and dish them out into serving portions in individual bowls.
5. Spoon the sauce over the hor fun and arrange the shredded chicken and vegetables on top. Serve hot with green chills.
6. You can use other or add other toppings like prawns, char siew, fish cake, clay fish etc.
Recipe from Munchministry