This recipe is from one of my Thermomix cook book. When I cook this dish, I didn’t expect my youngest son to like it so much that he ask me to cook again the next day. I uses bottle lime instead of fresh lime, as unlike in Singapore, the fresh lime is very expensive in Perth. This is definitely another keeper!
2 tablespoon oil
6 shallots, peeled
3 cloves garlic
3 fresh red long chilies, halved
100g lime juice
60g palm sugar
50g dark soy sauce
1 kg collar butt, large cube
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Place oil into TM bowl and heat for 3 min / Varoma temperature / speed 1
2. Add shallots and garlic and chop for 3 sec / speed 5. Sauté for 5 min Varoma temperature / speed 2
4. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 60 min / 90°C / reverse / speed spoon / measuring cup off
5. Serve with steam rice
1. Chop the galic, shallots, chill and set aside.
2. Heat oil in wok and fry the shallots, garlic and chili till frangrant
3. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer till meat is soft to your liking
4. Serve hot with rice.