Do you love black sesame? Well, if you do, this moon cake is for you. We have been making moon cakes for the last few week end, and this moon cake though it didn’t look pretty at all because of its color, but is a winner in term of taste! We all love it!
120g Black Sesame Snow Skin Mix 黑芝麻榚粉
100g icing sugar 糖粉
40g Vegetable shortening 板油
100ml Water 水 or Pandan water (see below on how to make the pandan water)
500g Black sesame paste 黑芝麻馅
25g pumpkin seeds
1. In a big mixing bowl, mix the lotus paste (or any other filling you prefer) and pumpkin seed together, divide into the require amount of filling that fit your mould, shape into ball and set aside
Sift the Black sesame Snow Skin Mix and icing sugar into a big mixing bowl and use a hand whisk and mix well
Make Up Procedure
1. Sprinkle table top with Koh fan and use a rolling pin and roll each portion into round shape, thicker in the centre
Prepare in advance – pandan water: (optional)
50g pandan leaves, cut into section
Bring water and pandan leave to a boil and simmer for 10 mins, leave to complete cool before use.
Method for checking the weight of your filling:
1. The weight of each filling for the moon cake depends on the size of your mould.
2. Take enough lotus paste roll into a ball and press it to compact into your mould.
3. Remove and weigh it, if the total weight is 150g, you can use between 25g to 40g as skin and the rest as the filling.