1 kg Collar Butt Pork – cut into long strip
4 tablespoon Maltose or honey
2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
2 tablespoon Char Siew Sauce
2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
2 tablespoon Cooking Wine
2 teaspoon Minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon bi-carb
In a rectangular glass container, put in all the marinade and mix well using a whisk, add in the pork, coat well with the marinade and leave in the fridge to marinade overnight
1. Line the bottom of the pan with aluminium foil and put in the roasting rack
2. Shake off the access marinade (reserve the marinade) and place the pork on the rack.
3. Select Roast / 200°C / 10 mins.
4. When the time is up, brush the pork all over with the sauce
5. Select Roast / 160°C / 20 mins, or roast until is perfectly charred. Brush the remaining sauce in between roasting
6. Remove the meat to a plate and set aside to let it cool before slicing it.
7. Using a strainer and strain the marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer it till thicken.
8. You can use the sauce to drizzle over the char siew or rice.