5 large eggs
250g salted butter, softened at room temperature
125g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon fresh milk
Zest of 2 lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50g caster sugar (for egg white)
1. Preheat oven at 170°C
2. Separate the eggs white and egg yolk, put the egg white into a mixer bowl and the egg yolk into a small bowl
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together
4. Use a K-beater, speed 6, cream butter and 125gm sugar until pale and fluffy. Put in vanilla essence and and beat for a while. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
5. Put in lemon juice and mix well. Add the flour in 2 addition, lastly add in the lemon zest and mix well.
6. Use a ballon attachment, beat egg whites in speed 6 until soft peaks,
7. gradually add 50gm sugar and beat until stiff.
8. Use a spatulas and add 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg batter and mix till very well. (It will be very thick)
9. Fold in gently with the remaining egg whites
10. Scope 55g of batter into cupcakes mould, level the batter
11. Bake for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
11. Leave to cool completely and cut the top portion as shown and decorate with butter cream
110g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Use k beater cream butter and shortening till smooth
Add vanilla essence and icing sugar and cream till light and fluffy
This is another quick and easy stir and bake cakes. The use of whipping cream make this cupcakes very moist and fragrant, and the pork floss gives a slight saltiness when you eat it! Yum!
60g caster sugar
200g dairy whipping cream
105g butter, melted
4 tbsp fresh milk
250g plain flour, sieved with 1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
30g pork floss
A little chopped spring onion
Preheat oven to 170°C
Put eggs and sugar in mixing bowl and use a hand whisk and beat well
Add in the butter, whipping cream and milk and mix well
Fold in the ingredient B until just mixed
Fill half of the muffins cup with batter, add in some pork floss, then add the batter to 3/4 cup full
sprinkle some pork floss and spring onion on top
Bake for 15-20 mins or until cooked.
My youngest son bake this cupcake for his school project last year. He came out with this combination of orange zest, desiccate coconut and chocolate chip, and it turn out to be exactly what he had in mind. He like it so much that he ask me to bake for him again. ☺️
180g caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
200g plain flour
3/4 cup desiccate coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
1 orange or lemon zest
5 tbsp orange or lemon juice
Extract the zest of the orange/lemon into a bowl. Add in 5 tbsp of orange/lemon juice. Set aside
Melt the butter in the microwave for 40 secs or till melted. Set aside
Sifted the flour and baking powder, set aside
Line the muffin tin with muffins cup or a cake tin. Prepare an electric mixer with K beater attachment.
Pre-heat oven at 180 degree.
Using K beater, slowly increase to max speed, cream the eggs and sugar till color turn pale, fluffy and increase in volume (see picture)
Use a hand whisk, Add in the orange zest and juice and mix well.
Use a big metal spoon, fold in the flour slowly (DO NOT OVER MIX)
Mix in the melted butter lightly and quickly.
Fold in the coconut and chocolate chips Pour into the cup till the brine.
Sprinkle extra coconut and chop chips on top (optional)
Let the battle rest for 15 mins before baking
bake for 20mins or till the cake tester comes out clean.